Firstly, if you've stumbled across this blog somehow and are hoping for excitement, wit and tales of adventure you should probably keep stumbling on... I can't guarantee tales of adventure, but you never know. I am using this space to write about my journey to becoming a teacher. So there'll probably be some angst and some cursing and some 'oh-my-god-have-i-made-a-terrible-mistake' rants. But hopefully the excitement and the fun will outweigh the cursing... we shall see.
I've long wanted to be a teacher. When I was a safari guide I thought I'd use my spare time to do a correspondence course to become a Montessori teacher. I bought the books. I applied for the course, got accepted. Managed about half of the course until I realised actually that free time I thought I'd have? Or maybe it was more about self discipline than time. It's always a good excuse.
Anyway, more recently I thought I'd have another crack at it. Did some research, checked out a few options but none seemed to work. Either they didn't do it in Tanzania or it was too expensive and I could never figure out how to combine the theory with the practice...
...Until one day into my lap fell this. The school 5 minutes away from where I live offering a PGCEi teacher's training course through the University of Nottingham. Correspondence but with practicals at the school.
Just perfect.
So now here I sit writing this when I should be completing my coursework.
No comments:
Post a Comment